Starts: Noosa Heads QLD 4567, Australia
Ends: Noosa Heads QLD 4567, Australia
During a Kanu Kapers Australia Self Guided Kayak Tour, you will get the opportunity to intimately experience a side of Australia that you wont find in the hustle and bustle of city sightseeing.
- Lead your own adventure through the curvaceous waterways
- Hear and see birdlife that most people only get to experience through books
- Take a leisurely swim in the cool, tannin coloured waters of the upper Noosa River
- Relax under the shade of the she-oak and tea-trees
- Take photographs of the brilliant blue Australian sky, mirrored with the tea-trees and Banksia flowers in the glassy tannin coloured waters
- Glide past flocks of Pelicans as they rest in the calm, shallow waters of Lake Cootharaba
- Pitch a tent at your choice of one of the 15 National Park campsites
Paddle to Lake Cootharabah, Kinaba (Sir Thomas Hiley) Information Centre, Noosa Everglades, Harry’s Hut and the upper Noosa River
What to bring:
Sun hat, rash vest, board shorts, insect repellent, sunscreen, camera, 2 litres of water per person per day, Food and your sense of adventure!
- Free Luggage Storage
- Tours Depart Daily, subject to availability
- Camping Permit
- Fast, sleek Kayaks
- Choose you own campsite
Kayaking and Safety Equipment, Camping Equipment, camping permit,Esky for Food Storage, map with photo and text, land mark orientation & kayaking tuition for your own Everglades kayaking adventure
Food, Water, Sleeping Bag
Self Guided Kayak Tour:
This remarkable, personalized adventure offers a chance to visit secluded locations by kayak and truly experience the natural beauty and wildlife in a relaxed quiet setting. Hidden within the Cooloola Section of the Great Sandy National Park is one of the Sunshine Coasts’ best kept paddling secrets, the Noosa Everglades.
Within the Noosa Everglades, are the pristine headwaters of the Noosa River. A waterway that, due to its National Park status, has remained a delicate and pristine wilderness, undisturbed by civilization. Only two hours drive north of Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane, the glorious Noosa Everglades is well known by locals and visitors alike as a marvelous wildlife sanctuary, boasting magnificent birdlife and a myriad of natural vegetation types including wallum scrub, rainforest and coastal sand dunes.
About Kanu Kapers Australia:
Kanu Kapers Australia is one of Australia’s leading canoe and kayak adventure companies. Located just north of Noosa on the Sunshine Coast in beautiful Queensland, Australia. We offer guided and self guided kayaking tours to the Noosa Everglades, plus white water canoe & kayak adventures for individuals and groups throughout Australia.